Brad's blackened salmon with blueberry balsamic reduction. Baked salmon coated in a flavorful sauce of blueberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar, thyme, and lemon. Blueberries, balsamic vinegar, a little bit of olive oil, a shallot, and black pepper is all you need to make this thick sweet reduction! It tasted amazing with the salmon which I poached in organic vegetable broth.
Blackened Salmon Tacos with Chunky Mango Avocado Salsa. Step by step instructions to prepare pan seared blackened Sockeye salmon with a balsamic vinegar glaze reduction, lemon dill citronette broccoli and saffron. This recipe uses blueberries mixed with balsamic vinegar, resulting in a sweet and sour sauce that's lovely on salmon. You can cook Brad's blackened salmon with blueberry balsamic reduction using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's blackened salmon with blueberry balsamic reduction
- It’s 2-3 lbs of king salmon fillet. Completely debone & filet off skin.
- Prepare of New Orleans or Cajun seasoning.
- You need 4 tbs of unsalted butter, divided.
- You need of For the vegetable medley.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 of LG sweet potato, wash skin on, julienne.
- It’s 3 of medium carrots, wash skin on, julienne.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper, deseeded, julienne.
- Prepare 1 of md zucchini, wash skin on, julienne.
- It’s 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each, white pepper, dry mustard, sea salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of marsala cooking wine.
- Prepare of For the reduction.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s of Juice of one tangerine.
- Prepare 1 cup of Pino grigio.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of blueberries, lightly mashed.
- Prepare 4-5 tbs of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/8 tsp of ground allspice.
- It’s of Thickener, 1/4 cup each. Cornstarch and cold water.
Blueberries are not only a Place the salmon fillets skin-side down on top of the asparagus in the slow cooker. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil..with Blueberry-Balsamic Reduction is a quick dish that consists of pan-seared lamb chops topped with a delicious blueberry-balsamic reduction where lamb, dairy products (such as skyr, a soft cheese similar to yogurt in texture), seafood (salmon, haddock, plaice, halibut, herring, and shrimp). Combine all blackened ingredients in mini food processor. Coat both sides of salmon with mixture in shallow bowl.
Brad's blackened salmon with blueberry balsamic reduction step by step
- Prepare the salmon into serving sized pieces. Set aside on paper towels. Try to get as much moisture out of it as possible..
- Start the reduction, in a saucepot, add lemon and tangerine juice, white wine, and vinegar. Over medium low heat, simmer and reduce by at least half..
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Except thickener. Continue to simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Adjust sweetness to taste..
- Meanwhile, start the veggies. Melt butter in a LG frying pan over medium heat..
- Add potatoes and carrots. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes..
- Add peppers. Saute 3 to 4 minutes..
- Add zucchini, garlic and seasoning. Saute another 3 minutes. Do not worry if some crust is forming on the pan..
- Add marsala. Deglaze pan. Let marsala reduce almost completely. Until veggies are just moist..
- Over medium high heat, melt 2 tbs butter in another frying pan.
- Coat presentation side of salmon well with Cajun seasoning.
- When butter is just starting to smoke, place salmon in the pan presentation side down. Do not touch for 5 to 7 minutes. Coat the bottom side of salmon with Cajun seasoning in pan..
- Meanwhile bring your sauce to a simmer. Add thickener slowly stirring constantly until sauce reaches desired consistency..
- When salmon becomes blackened on the first side, may take up to 10 minutes. Flip over and add rest of butter. Cook on that side another 3 to 4 minutes or until fish is just done..
- Plate veggie medley. Place salmon on top. Spoon desired sauce over the top. Garnish with a couple fresh blueberries and lemon slices. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Heat nonstick, oven-proof, skillet over med-high heat. Serve salmon on top of spinach with dijon sauce on side. It's so easy to make a balsamic reduction (balsamic glaze) at home. Two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, all. Macerate the berries with a potato masher or a roux whisk.