Shaved Brussels with Toasted Walnuts and Fresh Pomegranate..
You can have Shaved Brussels with Toasted Walnuts and Fresh Pomegranate. using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shaved Brussels with Toasted Walnuts and Fresh Pomegranate.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Fresh Brussels Sprouts (Shaved).
- You need 1 cup of Toasted Walnuts (preferably toasted yourself then cooled and crumbled).
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Fresh Pomegranate Seeds.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Flat Leaf Italian Parsley (Coarsely chopped.).
- Prepare 2 stick of Fresh Celery (Trimmed and sliced thinly on the diagonal).
- It’s 3/4 cup of Crumbled Macedonian Feta (Whichever Feta you prefer, really).
- It’s of Vinaigrette.
- It’s 1 pinch of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/2 pinch of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 5 tbsp of Good Olive Oil (May need more, depending on your taste).
- You need 4 1/2 tbsp of Freshly Squeezed Meyer Lemon Juice (Again according to your taste).
Shaved Brussels with Toasted Walnuts and Fresh Pomegranate. step by step
- Toast walnuts in oven at 350° until slightly golden. DO NOT over cook them. Once you can smell them, they're done. Often only 3-6 minutes. Watch closely! (Set aside to cool).
- Trim the ends off of the Brussels and remove outer leaves. Cut in half and slice thinly to create a 'shaved' texture. You can use a mandoline if needed, however Brussels are often too small to use a mandoline efficiently..
- Toss Brussels into a bowl with cooled Walnuts, Pomegranate seeds, parsley and celery..
- In a mason jar mix together ingredients for vinaigrette and shake until well combined. (You could also use a bowl and whisk for this, I just think the jar method is quick and easy).
- Dress the salad to your liking and transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle the top with crumbled Feta and enjoy!!.